The importance of equal tension in lift ropes on traction lift is well known to maintenance engineers and lift installers. Unequal tension creates vibration and rope slip, which leads to premature wear of ropes and traction sheave grooves.
Drucegrove’s Equator Rope Tensioning System will help prevent this by ensuring rope tensions are equal on all ropes supporting the lift car and counterweight.
The equator’s robust and lightweight gauges are a quick and easy method to accurately adjust and equalize rope tensions and are supplied in a briefcase, complete with springs, hook bolts, adjusting spanner & rope locators.
- ♦ This product will save money for building managers and lift contractors.
- ♦ No Power or data cables required for operation.
- ♦ Designed for use on a range of lift ropes from 6mm (1/4”)to 20mm (3/4”).
- ♦ Accuracy ensured by on site calibration.
- ♦ Simple and easy to follow method.
- ♦ The Equator system uses two identical injection moulded gauges to compare and ensure the tension in traction lift hoist ropes can be equalized.
- ♦ The Equator is fast to implement and the rope tensions measured are accurate because the gauges are initially calibrated on the same rope.